16 April 2016

IL KY Fireball Meteor 15APR2016

IL KY Fireball Meteor Apprx. 2215 Central Time 15APR2016
Report your meteor sightings please-
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2000/11/meteor-fireball-report-form.html
Please help get the word about this event so that we might recover security camera video or cell phone captures.
If you have a video or still image please send to me @ drtanuki@gmail.com ; Thank you!

Initial Meteor Reports-
15APR2016 Tiffany Binkley CALVERT CITY, Ky 2230 3-5 N-W green moon no I was driving, and there were trees all around me, but it looked huge.

15APR2016 Bryan Schaumburg, IL, USA 22:16 PM Central Only seen the last second or two of the burn E-W travel Stopped South West of Roselle Rd, facing SW Greenish White in color / no sound high beam headlight brightness To dark to see any fragmentation 7It was already moving fairly slowly when I seen it, and fairly close to the ground, probably below 500 ft. Too short of viewing time for any better guesses or info.

15APR2016 Andrew Rukavina Mundelein, IL usa approx 2215 hour 15 seconds from east to west i was driving south multi colored and very large between the moon and venus - very bright and large not sure it was large...it was not a reflection i pulled over which i never do except once when I saw an amzing display of northern lights it was the biggest thing i've ever seen....i was heading southbound at intesection of 137 and 60 in mundelein, IL I had just made the turn onto 60 from 137 and was headed south no light pollution to create any illusions..I'm a 59 year old attorney ..was not drinking or anything else...it flamed out shotly before it went over the cornfield

15APR2016 Steve Wilson Rock Island,IL,USA 22:16 in Central Time Zone 3-4 seconds Facing South, I saw a bright white light with a tinge of blue streak from East to West bright white light with a tinge of blue As bright as Venus on a clear night I'm not sure of fragmentation but it remided me of a sparkler as opposed to a single, solid point of light. It remided me of a sparkler as opposed to a single, solid point of light.

15APR2016 Anna St.Charles, IL, USA 22:14 5-10? East to West traveling burst of light/looked like fire. I was driving South on Kautz Rd, near DuPage Airport bright ball, looked like fire, it has a tail of blue behind it. I'm not sure I don't think so, maybe behind it. It really looked like it was on fire. I wondered if it was a piece from a plane I was driving, so no photo, sorry. I know it was something, not sure what. It was not high in the sky, it came across my vision field from left to right (from East to West) as I was driving South. It was cool, but also a little scary. I wondered if it was part of a plane since we were adjacent to DuPage Airport.

15APR2016 VICTORIANO BERWYN, IL 2200 5-10SECS EAST TO WEST FACING SOUTH GREEN XEON BRIGHT FRAGMENT TRAIL GREEN FIREBALL

All  meteor sighting reports can be seen here
http://thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com/

2016 The THIRD Year of "CERTAIN Uncertainty" ™ / Meteors, Asteroids, Comets, and MORE!!

4 comments:

Macy 12345 said...

I saw a bright ball of fire with a beautiful blue tail on it. I live in Avon, In and saw it to the west of me at approximately 11:15pm eastern time. I too worried about it being a plane as we live close to an airport. I had never seen a meteor before. It was gorgeous.

Macy 12345 said...

I saw a bright ball of fire with a beautiful blue tail on it. I live in Avon, In and saw it to the west of me at approximately 11:15pm eastern time. I too worried about it being a plane as we live close to an airport. I had never seen a meteor before. It was gorgeous.

Stephanie K. said...

Just seen something bright falling in the sky. It was very slow. I got a couple of pics, but not sure how to share them on here. What was it?

Stephanie K. said...

I just saw a something falling in the sky here in Indiana. It was beautiful. I was able to get some pics, but not sure how to share on here. What was it?